jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:11:57 GMT
Thomas  yes I am going to try it myself.  Im trying to make exploratory
progress so I want to get it working on our development database.  i have
taken the snippets from the wiki on oracle integration and integrated them
here.

some questions: -- it seems that the workspace and versioning configuration
elements have filesystem and persistencemanager subelements.

I want the persistencemanager to point to oracle right?  I don't understand
where the filesystem configuration element fits in.  what is it doing?  If
the PM points to oracle why is there even a filesystem element?  thanx

here is the configuration i am working on.

<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem
            class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem" />
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.JNDIOracleDatabasePersistenceManager">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/db"/>
            <param name="dataSourceLocation" value="jdbc/jcr"/>
            <param name="checkValidConnectionSQL" value="select 0 from dual"
/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="pm_def"/>
            <param name="schema" value="oracle" />
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Workspace>
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/versions">
        <FileSystem
            class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem" />
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.JNDIOracleDatabasePersistenceManager">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/db"/>
            <param name="dataSourceLocation" value="jdbc/jcr"/>
            <param name="checkValidConnectionSQL" value="select 0 from dual"
/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="pm_def"/>
            <param name="schema" value="oracle" />
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

--
Michael Harris