jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:30:20 GMT
> Yes, the search index can always be recreated from the repository contents.
>
> Note that there are some relatively static configuration files like
> the namespace and node type registries and workspace configuration
> files that you will need to recreate the repository from a backup, so
> you'll want to make sure that those files are kept safe. Normally you
> only need to backup those files when you make configuration changes
> like adding new namespaces, node types, or workspaces.

Where are those kept and who creates them?  Which files are those.  Our db
contents are backed up every night but nothing on the filesystem is.  If the
files are kept somewhere in the war (if I create them) then they get
restored when we restore the war.  If JR creates them in the root of where
it runs, Im not sure what will happen...

--
Michael Harris