jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:41:51 GMT
Thomas, thanx again.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > So my organization has in place facilities to automatically back up
> oracle
> > dbs every day.
> > can we configure JR to store its content in oracle?
>
> Unfortunately you can not store the search index (Lucene) in the Oracle.

i don't think our search needs are that great, so this is no biggie.
especially if we can recreate the index.

So when you have an oracle backed JR instance, how does it set up its
tables?  Is that completely transparent to the user?  Do I have to set up
any tables?  What type of permissions does the oracle user need?

thanx

--
Michael Harris