jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject server modes/backups
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:33:28 GMT
Hey all

we are going to be deploying a JR instance to a production enviornment in a
few months.  I have a few questions about how JR can run.

Basically, does it store its content and operate entirely on the
filesystem?
Or does it operate entirely in a database?
Or is this configurable?
What is derby being used for, and is it running entirely in memory?
Does it always need both a db and fs to operate?

For the purposes of server backup:

If JR is storing its data on the filesytem, is it enough to zip the repo
home to back up the repository?  The idea being if there was some hardware
failure we could pull the zip and dump the contents into new machines repo
home.

If JR is storing its data in a db, is it enough to back up the database
instance?

thanx.
--
Michael Harris