jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server modes/backups
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:03:18 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't think our search needs are that great, so this is no biggie.
> especially if we can recreate the index.

Yes, the search index can always be recreated from the repository contents.

Note that there are some relatively static configuration files like
the namespace and node type registries and workspace configuration
files that you will need to recreate the repository from a backup, so
you'll want to make sure that those files are kept safe. Normally you
only need to backup those files when you make configuration changes
like adding new namespaces, node types, or workspaces.

BR,

Jukka Zitting