jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JR standalone server question
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 08:47:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we choose deployment module 3, which is stand alone server mode, how does
> code in a webserver access the JR server?  Does it have to be RMI or webdav?

Yes, you need a network protocol to access a standalone server. If you
want to use the JCR API in your client application, then I would
suggest that you use the RMI layer to access the remote repository.

Note that if you want to support multiple web servers accessing the
same repository, you may also want to take a look at the clustering
feature that allows the same repository to run locally on each server.

BR,

Jukka Zitting