jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: DB Backed Repository question
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:45:09 GMT
Our company precreates the tables as well, and also controls the use of prefixes so it's not
a problem. Customers get real cranky if you tell them that some application is going to do
ddl for them. The security concerns are not acceptable to them.

--dave

-----Original Message-----
From: "Michael Harris" <michael.e.harris@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:33am
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: DB Backed Repository question

> jr creates the tables only once: on startup it checks whether the req.
> tables exist
> and creates them if not.
>
> while you could create the tables using a sql script i wouldn't recommend
> it.
> the table names are made up dynamically using a custom prefix and some
> esacaping if necessary. why would you want to create the tables, indices
> etc
> yourself?

Stefan
Its just a process thing.  So the jackrabbit needs to connect with root
level access to the database.  In this organization it is difficult to allow
the application to use a  user who can create and delete tables at will.  so
i can get around it for a deployment effort but not as a general thing.  If
it only every needs to create the tables once, and will never need to again,
we are ok.  Is there some way to have JR spit out .sql file of what it does?

--
Michael Harris