jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Use JackRabbit CMS for storing Business Objects
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:33:40 GMT
Andrei Latyshau schrieb:

>> with this approach one has great flexibility and doesn't have to be afraid
>> of possible peformance/scalability issues, because
>> one can rather easily switch the implementations
>>

> As we see, when we decide using JackRabbit, then any rotation of layer below
> "Data Implementation" will not help...

but that would mean you are implying the whole concept of JCR/Data
abstraction in general is useless, whereas I don't think so at all.

I think you should focus less on Jackrabbit itself, but rather on the
API and think of what does it mean effort/development wise
to replace the JCR implementation (for example Jackrabbit) by something
else (either third-party or a custom Jackrabbit or your own
implementation of JCR).

For example Jackrabbit seems to have a performance/scalability problem
retrieving the most recent version of a node if a node has many versions
(e.g. 50K). So the question is, is this "just" an implementation problem
or an API problem itself. And if it is an implemetation problem how can
it fixed. If it is an API problem, then I think it's more troublesome.

HTH

Michael