jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: what does NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType() do?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:51:49 GMT
hi betty

> What I ran is:
> http://yourhost:yourport/jackrabbit/server/default/jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes/edge:file/jcr:propertyDefinition[n]/jcr:name

> to look at all my custom properties, where n is the number of the custom
> property I added.
> I can see all the properties I originally created, but whenever I add
> anything new to the CND file to
> add an additional property to the same "edge:file" nodetype,  the newer
> properties never show up after I restart
> Tomcat and run the URL.    In other words, I can only see the same
> number of properties I first had, and no new ones.

> Is this possibly a bug?

if there is neither exception nor warning in the log while
reregistering the modified nodetypes... i would say so.

> Should I just bite the bullet and look at the code for re-registering
> node types?

that's up to you.
in any case: could you report an issue with jackrabbit-core
including a simple test-cnd (both originally and with the
modification) that illustrates the problem and a step-by-step
description of how you are able to reproduce the problem?

thanks in advance
angela