jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: what does NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType() do?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 06:41:41 GMT
hi

> Yes, indeed,  I am saying that saying that the new *property
> definitions* are
> not reflected  in the content representation of your nodetype
> under /jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes.
>
> I read this content representation on the client side.
>
> What does it mean to "refresh the tree"?

i meant: Session.refresh(false) or
Session.getItem("/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes).refresh(false).

in jcr2spi this forces the client to re-read the target
item and all its subtree from the SPI.

> I guess that the related question is, how do I know the re-registration
> was successful?

basically i would expect the NodeTypeRegistry to throw,
if re-registering a node type is not successful... but
it seems this is not the case here. right?

> I have an idea -- should I try dumping out the /jcr:system  tree on the
> server side right after re-registration to see what I get?

if that is feasible, please do so. if your are - just by
coincidence - running the jackrabbit webapp on the
server-side, you can easily do so in a browser:

http://yourhost:yourport/jackrabbit/server/default/jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes/nt:file
 > replace 'nt:file' by your nt name
 > 'jackrabbit', 'server' and 'default' may be different in your
   installation if you change the defaults.''

if
- the property definition is still the old on the server side
   i assume that for whatever reason the reregistration was
   no successful. could ev. be a bug in core.

- the property definition is as expected on the server side
   and is not reflect on the client even upon Session.refresh...
   then i have to try it myself ;)

please post your findings.
could you also send the original nodetype definition and the
changes you want to make? sometimes things get easier, if we
can take a closer look at it or try it out. currently i am
only guessing.

angela