jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: what does NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType() do?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:25:34 GMT
hi betty

> Hmm, I don't know if I explained my problem well enough.

maybe i was just misleaded... i had the impression that
the reregistration of the nodetype was successful and there
remains a problem in the jcr2spi.

> However, if I try to add new properties to existing node types in the
> CND file, the reregistration does not seem to do anything
> because the new properties never show up when I dump the tree.

ok, you are saying that the new *property definitions* are
not reflect in the content representation of your nodetype
under /jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes.

is that correct?
did you refresh the tree?

if yes:
are you sure, the reregistration on the server was successful?
i'm not totally sure, if this is the case.

> If I try
> to add new content using those new properties, the
> program will complain because it does not think those properties exist.

yes, that could be caused by various things:

- registration was not successful (see above)
- nodetype definition on the client does not reflect the most
   recent one on the server (see reasons explained in the previous
   mail).

so, what i'd like to understand first: was the reregistration
of the nodetype definition (with the additional property
definition) really successful?

did you already send the nt-definition (before and after)?
maybe that would be helpful.

thanks
angela