jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Stop Jackrabbit-Core to be verbose on console
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 07:30:58 GMT
If you choose to use the log4j implementation you just need to
configure log4j before loading Jackrabbit classes.
Multiple configuration are possible [1].

J2EE listeners can also be used to configure log4j before creating
Logger and therefore share the same configuration.

If not configured, log4j will output messages in the default ouput stream
and therefore in the console in your case.

If you already have a configuration you just need to add the category
"org.apache.jackrabbit" and use WARN or ERROR level which will be less
verbose.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/logging/guide.html#Configuring%20Log4J
[2]
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/web/util/Log4jConfigListener.html

--
Sébastien Launay

Peter Koch a écrit :
> Hi Sébastien,
> thanks for your fast answer.
> I've checkt slf4j into my project, but where is the configurationfile to
> modify the logging of jackrabbit-Core?
> The propertie-file on my project only handle my own logging statements...
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> 2008/7/31 Sébastien Launay <sebastien.launay@anyware-tech.com>
>

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> SLF4J is used to log messages and can be configured to use log4j
>> very much like Jakarta Commons Logging.
>>
>> You just need to add the jar slf4j-log4j12-1.0.jar to the classpath.
>>
>> For more information, see:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg05003.html
>>
>> --
>> Sébastien Launay
>>
>> Peter Koch a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi at all,
>>> I've got a short question:
>>> Is it possible to stop Jackrabbit printing information on console or
>>> configure them with an Logging-System like Log4J?
>>>
>>> typical example of printing:
>>> "
>>> 187 [main] INFO org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl - Starting
>>> repository...