jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject NTD and prefixed names -> sharepoint
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:04:10 GMT
Greetings,

   Perhaps i am very confused here, (likely), but if one uses a node type definition file
in jackrabbit, then node names and property names must have namespace prefixes attached to
them, as specified by the ntd.

   Now if we would like to use the same code, without registering the NTD, using sharepoint,
Sharepoint complains about the use of the ':' as the prefix/name separator.

So I suppose we need to look at what system we are running, and use

Property p = n.getProperty("myprefix:myprop");

for jackrabbit, and

Property p = n.getProperty("myprop");

for sharepoint.

Am i correct here? I am not sure why one must use prefixed names for node names and property
names, Is it not good enough that the type be namespace qualified?

What is the strategy that ones takes here, do i just need to write a method such as

public String getQName(String baseName)
{
    if (ntd_in_force)
      return "myprefix:" + baseName;