jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: question about exporting and importing via JCR api
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 09:55:00 GMT
Huh.
Is there a way to kludge it, something like if I edit the XML for a
version history that I want and then import that to the correct
destination inside the version system / version history?
If I go down the replay route I can't get the timestamps as they
originally were, true?
Is there another way to move documents with their version history from
an older Jackrabbit / PM combination to a newer one?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 August 2008 10:43
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: question about exporting and importing via JCR api

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)
<Brett.Connor@lexisnexis.co.uk> wrote:
> So how do you import the version history?

You don't. :-(

Jackrabbit doesn't support (and JCR doesn't specify) importing version
histories. You can backup or restore the entire set of version histories
by backing up the underlying persistence storage used by your
repository, but as of now it's not possible to selectively import
individual version histories (other than by explicitly replaying the
relevant versioning operations through the JCR API).

BR,

Jukka Zitting

REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND, LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621