jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Connor, Brett (LNG-TWY)" <Brett.Con...@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject RE: question about exporting and importing via JCR api
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:14:54 GMT
So how do you import the version history?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 August 2008 09:06
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: question about exporting and importing via JCR api

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Betty Chang <bchang@edgenuity.com>
wrote:
> Am I supposed to be able to export and import my complete repository
using JCR calls?
> I used Session.exportSystemView() to save everything to a file, but
> when I use Workspace.importXML(),  I get a
> ConstraintViolationException about
>  "/jcr:root/jcr:system: mandatory child node
(http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0) versionStorage does not exist"

You can't import the jcr:system subtree, so you'll need to ignore it
when exporting content from your workspace. The best practice is to put
all your content within an application root node like /my:content.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

REED ELSEVIER (UK) LIMITED - Registered office - 1-3 STRAND, LONDON WC2N 5JR
Registered in England - Company No. 02746621