jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject JCR Query Result Caching
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:59:54 GMT
Hi all,

As our data set increases the overhead of executed JCR queries is
increasing. For example, we typically want to display the top 3 latest
BlogEntries on a page requiring "select * from acme:BlogEntries where
jcr:path like '/home/myblog/%'". Profiling shows Lucene access to be a
hotspot under load. Noted that we can review our node structure but ...

Q1: Does JackRabbit provide any facilities to cache the results of queries
such that they can be shared by concurrent sessions for a particular time to
live?

As a query returns a set of JCR Nodes, which in turn are session specific,
I'm assuming caching query results is tricky. Caching query results quickly
brings us into the realm of transactional semantics, isolation levels etc.

I'd be interested to hear any experiences in attempting to cache JCR query
results?

Regards,

Shaun