jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>
Subject OCM: recursive behavior q. and exception info q.
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:45:57 GMT
Dear Christophe, dar All!

I use latest SVN snapshot of  OCM for development.
I have some difficulties with ocm in following situations with  class like this:

@Node
public class Category{
  @Collection List<Category> subslist;
}

When I do:

myclass.getSubsList().add(sub);
ocm.update(myclass)

sub does not get saved and I need ocm.insert(sub).  If I do ocm.insert(sub),
I need provide path because it is null so...

I do not think it is convinient way to manage subclasses. Any suggestions? Is there some "thumb
rule" for situations like above?

Besides it, when I do ocm.insert() or ocm.update() and something goes wrong e.g. some field
is null, I see uninformative exceptions that do not
have any information what class and what field cuased failure.

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE