jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From hsp_ <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject RE: Search question, with jcr:path.
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 01:11:46 GMT

Ard Schrijvers-3 wrote:

>> I need to search some nodes that are of an specific type, but
>> not of specific another type nor its descendent.
>>
>> something like //(*,y)[@jcr:primaryType != 'x']
>>
>> So, the @jcr:primaryType!='x' would not resolve because only
>> the nodes of type 'x' would be filtered.
>> Would this be resolved by an xpath expression, or I will
>> filter after by the application?
>> I thought in get all the type descendants of x and put in the
>> filter, but if another elegant solution exists...
>
> Not sure if I get it all right but shouldn't your query look like:
>
> //element(*,y)[@jcr:primaryType!='x']
>
> Now, all nodes of type y would be selected but not of x or any of x's
> descendants (this nodetype is expanded automatically to all descendant
> nodetypes during the query)
>
> Not sure if you want this though,
>
> Regards Ard

I was not sure that filtering by @jcr:primaryType it was filtering the
descendents of it too. I thought that only the specific type would be
filtered.
Well, if it works, so, there is not problem anymore, I will try this out,
thanks.
Another question, what is the difference between an expression search with
and without "element" if I do not need specify a path?