jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing email within a JSR-170 repository
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:50:02 GMT
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:39 AM, paksegu <paksegu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pls read this post know the Apache james an email server whereby the one the JCR commiters
Jukka hooked it a up to a JCR backend

> http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jcrmail.html

there's quite a lot of interest in a serious, fully functional backing
of JAMES by JCR. (this is next on my personal agenda once i've
completed the IMAP implementation.)

> From: Steve Cameron <sc04@utas.edu.au>
> Subject: Managing email within a JSR-170 repository
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:20 PM
>
> Hello,
>
> I am just starting to investigate JSR-170, so apologies if this request is
> slightly out of scope.
>
> Are there any free/open-source examples of JSR-170 being used for managing
> email (similar to MS Exchange Server) and with an associated client
> application?

what would you expect from the client?

> I am interested to use an ECM system, but am picturing a solution that
> handles email as well as other document types and so allows content searches
> to include emails.

content searches in mail is an interesting topic :-)

i'm interested in a hetrogeneous MIME-aware mail store (using mail in
the board) with good support for faceting searching. i'd like to mash
messages of various types (including  ATOM feeds: a little little a
super planet) and allow output through various protocols.

- robert