jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: webdav integration
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:15:53 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey
>
> thanx for the reply.  does one need the jackrabbit-webapp.war to use webdav
> interface?  if you need jetty, you are saying there is no way to access the
> repo without the servlet engine.  I guess that makes sense.
>
> so if I deploy the jackrabbit jars and deps with my application war, and
> have some sort of startup code that creates a TransientRepo (using a struts
> plugin), can I then access that repo via webdav by going to
> localhost/myapp/repo-dir?

If you use the jackrabbit-webapp.war, it does everything for you: it
includes a RepositoryStartupServlet that will start a repository,
starts the webdav servlet for it and makes it available via jndi.

Have a look at

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-web-application.html

and at the web.xml, in which you see the various Servlets and config options:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Regards,
Alex

--