jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Node.getNodes and Node.hasNodes for a specific nodeType
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:27:53 GMT
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Matthijs Wensveen <m.wensveen@func.nl> wrote:
> Is it possible to ask a Node whether it has child nodes of a specific
> nodeType? Currently I'm able to do this with an XPath query, but it would be
> a lot easier, and possibly faster, when I could ask this to the node
> directly.

No, this is not possible, but you can easily filter the nodes in the
iterator returned by Node.getNodes(). This would not be a performance
difference if it would be implemented directly in JCR.

> Also, is it possible to mark a child node definition that is also marked as
> 'multiple' with 'primary'? If that is the case, maybe I could use
> getPrimaryItem.

Node.getPrimaryItem() simple does a getProperty() or getNode() (if
property exists, it is preferred) with the exact name defined in the
primaryItem setting of the node type. So if you have same name
"mychildnode[2]").

Regards,
Alex

--