jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Incremental node type update?!?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:17:31 GMT
Hi Nick,

if you want a flexible data structure, go with nt:unstructured. Only
use node types and mixins for things you know that are fixed and for
which you want to search for easily ( //element(*, my:nodetype) ). In
this case you have to re-create content and re-register node types
from scratch. But a good JCR application creates its initial node
types and content model upon first startup with an empty repository
anyway. For reset, you can simply delete the workspace folder (if it
contains the persistence manager data such as derby files) except for
the workspace.xml, and it will get recreated on the next startup of
Jackrabbit.

Regards,
Alex

--