jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Simpler JNDI client Repository lookup?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 16:22:01 GMT
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Richard Huddleston <rhuddusa@gmail.com> wrote:
> ideally, i'd like to just distribute the jcr-1.0.jar to my clients and
> do a lookup like:
>
> InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);
> Repository repository = (Repository ) ctx.lookup("jnp://localhost:1099/jcr");
>
> is this possible in a remote jboss client app?

No, since the jcr-1.0.jar only contains the JCR API, which is mostly
interfaces, but does not contain a generic RMI client that implements
those interfaces. The RMI client must be provided by the
implementations, such as Jackrabbit. The RMI client is made up of the
ClientAdapterFactory, RemoteRepository and other RMI stubs you already
distribute to the client. This is correct and expected.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek