jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Deleting a node also delete version history of the node
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:47:43 GMT
AFAIK the version storage was not intended to be removed completely by
the JCR spec, since one idea of versioning is to be able to recover
deleted nodes. That's why it's not entirely possible to delete all
things inside the versioning storage (let's say this use case was not
considered).

Are you sure a lot of disk space is wasted? If nodes happen to be
deleted very often and soon after creation (which would create a lot
of really unused data on the disk), you might consider not to version
them at all.

Regards,
Alex