jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: search speed
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:29:02 GMT
Hello gongtao,

I do not get this sentence 'Why the increase as the result set, for
speed will slow ? ' though you might want to take a look at [1]

A little strange perhapes, but if you replace

'//nko:workspace/*' with //* (you are testing for a uuid anyway) you
might gain a lot of speed. Hierarchy information in a query is costly,
certainly for the first hit. So also, your performance numbers do nto
tell me very much, because there is a huge difference between first run
queries and consecutive queries where caches, and then mainly the
hierchical caches, are warmed up.

Anyway, if you read [1] you should be able to understand a lot more
about the queries you are doing,

-Ard

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/Explanation-and-solutions-of-some-Jackrabbit-queri
es-regarding-performance-td15028655.html

4a7' or @jcr:uuid='5fbc094f->
e6c6-48b3-9083-49fe18a27c4a']//element(*,nt:unstructured)[@tem
> plateName='4137345d-3acd-4fc6-befe-6367a3c8f842'
> and @stateCode=1  and  @directory=false()] order by @name ascending
>
> results:30,000  time:5703ms
> results:300,000  time:30406ms
>

> Full Text Search more slowly