jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject RE: Jackrabbit Caching?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:54:43 GMT

I understand that I shouldn't modify the underlying database directly, but I need to deal
w/ database restores.
So is there a way to turn off caching?

-Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 7/1/2008 5:32 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jackrabbit Caching?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Jared Graber <jared.graber@iaccap.com> wrote:
> Is the in-memory cache preventing me from getting the new data?

Only if you modify the underlying database directly, which you should never do.

If you only access the content through the JCR API, Jackrabbit will
automatically make sure that all caches are correctly invalidated and
search indexes updated whenever content changes.

Furthermore, since the JCR-RMI layer does no caching you can also use
that without worrying about cache coherence issues.

BR,

Jukka Zitting