jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject RE: Jackrabbit Caching?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:59:46 GMT
Thanks for the info.  I'm not using webdav though.

I'm still looking for a way to turn off caching (preferably) or clear
the cache.

I found that setting the max sizes (setMaxMemory and
setMaxMemoryPerCache) in CacheManager to zero doesn't turn off caching
because the values are not enforced when new caches are added (or when
the size is set after a cache exists already).  Those values only come
into effect on a cache resize which can't be triggered directly.

-Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Conoly, Brett [mailto:Brett.Conoly@digitalinsight.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:04 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: Jackrabbit Caching?

I don't know how you're actually retrieving the content but I had this
problem retrieving data from webdav a while back.  I did learn that the
headers sent back by webdav are not updated unless you set the
JCR_LASTMODIFIED property of the content node.  This prevented the
caching for me, hope this helps.
Brett