jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jared Graber" <jared.gra...@IACcap.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Caching?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:13:11 GMT
I have a database backed repository that I want to export from (read
only scenario) very infrequently (once on startup and when a method is
called via JMX).

The problem that I am having is that the data in the repository can
change behind the scenes (another app changes data in the repo, a
database restore, or some other external action.  When I re-export the
data (after exporting it once already), it does not pick up the changes.
I am assuming the nodes are cached behind the scenes (either in memory
or the indices).  I can't restart the application every time this
happens and can't just use an RMI solution because the data might change
with a database restore or something similar.

Is the in-memory cache preventing me from getting the new data?

If so:

                Is there a way to clear the cache programmatically?

                Is there a way to turn off caching? (This would work
just as well in my case)

Is it the indexing?

If so:

                Is there a way to re-index programmatically?

Any other suggestions?

-Jared