jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Accessing DataIdentifier associated with binary property from DataStore
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:01:42 GMT
Hi,

Could you please explain what is the use case, that means why you want
to do that?

>  I've gotten a custom DataStore implemented with the
> BundleDBPersistenceManager

I am not sure if I understand - you wrote an adapter / wrapper package
that implements the DataStore interface and can use any
BundleDBPersistenceManager? This sounds very interesting. Do you plan
to provide the source code for that?

> some part of my application needs to access the DataIdentifier associated
> with storing a particular binary property.

Currently it works like this: when storing a binary property,
Jackrabbit first checks if the binary property is small (shorter than
some number of bytes, lets say 1 KB). If shorter, the data is stored.
If larger, then the binary is stored in the data store, and the unique
hash value is stored. The DataIdentifier is this hash value. So you
already have it.

>  Basically, if I have a binary Property from a Node, can I look up the
> identifier based on the Property's UUID?

Properties are not and have no UUID. The hash value is not really a
UUID (it looks like one but it is not).

> The BundlePersistenceManager has to
> keep these stored somewhere, right?

The hash values are persisted in the persistence manager. But I'm not
sure if this is the question. The BundlePersistenceManager persists
all data (it should ;-)

Regards,
Thomas