jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@day.com>
Subject Re: what does NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType() do?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:21:30 GMT
hi betty

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Betty Chang <bchang@edgenuity.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I've been able to add custom node types within the jackrabbit server app.
>
> However, is it possible to add new properties to a node type that is already registered?
>
> I first call isRegistered() to see if a nodeTypeName is registered, and if it is, I call
> reregisterNodeType() in the hopes that it would re-register the node type with the new
properties I have
> added.
>
> However, new properties do not seem to get registered.

you can only register 'trivial' node type changes, i.e. changes that
do not affect existing content.

a trivial change would e.g. be adding a non-mandatory property.

a non-trivial (and thus non-supported change) would e.g. be adding a
mandatory property
or adding a value constraint to an existing property definition.

what exactly are you trying to change?

> What does reregisterNodeType() actually do?

reregisterNodeType() allows to modify the definition of
an existing, already registered node type. only trivial
changes are currently supported.

for more details see:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeTypeDefDiff.html
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-322.