jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Paco Avila" <monk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why an added node is checkedOut = true?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:27:06 GMT
Yes, in my application we perform a checkout and lock the node to prevent
modifications from other users (an "exclusive checkout" ).

The problem is when I put a document in the repository its version is named
"jcr:rootVersion" until I perform a checkin. After that, version name
becomes "1.0". When I put a document in the repository it means to be the
first version, an the first version is supposed to be "1.0".

The second issue is about versioning procedure. If I work with versioned
nodes, the procedure is:

- CheckOut (now the document is editable)
- Modify the document
- CheckIn (Version number is incremented and the document is not editable)

Isn't it? What happend the first time (when just I have uploaded the
document)? The document is in checkout state, so I don't need to perform
this operation. The next time I have to because it is checkedin. Why the
first time have to be different?