jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: saving files
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:56:39 GMT
yeah man I tried writing the retrieved stream to a file, it is empty.  The
file that I save definitely has content (confirmed by less).

Perhaps you can take a look see (the code isn't complicated); having more
experience than me you could identify obvious problems pretty quickly.

here is the save code

    public void saveFile(File file, Session session) throws Exception {
        // create the file node - see section 6.7.22.6 of the spec

        Node folderNode = session.getRootNode();
        Node fileNode = folderNode.addNode(file.getName(), "nt:file");

        // create the mandatory child node - jcr:content
        Node resNode = fileNode.addNode("jcr:content", "nt:resource");
        resNode.setProperty("jcr:mimeType", "");
        resNode.setProperty("jcr:encoding", "");
        FileInputStream fileInputStream = new FileInputStream(file);
        resNode.setProperty("jcr:data", fileInputStream);
        Calendar lastModified = Calendar.getInstance();
        lastModified.setTimeInMillis(file.lastModified());
        resNode.setProperty("jcr:lastModified", lastModified);

        session.save();
    }

and here is the test code

        super.setUp();
        String testFileName = "/tmp/" + getName() + ".txt";
        FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(testFileName);
        fw.write("some content");
        fw.flush();
        testFile = new File(testFileName);
    }

    public void testSaveFile() throws Exception {
        Session session = getSession();
        dao.saveFile(testFile, session);

        Node root = session.getRootNode();
        Node fileNode = root.getNode(testFile.getName());
        Node fileDetails = fileNode.getNode("jcr:content");

        Property fileProp = fileDetails.getProperty("jcr:data");
        InputStream retrievedStream = fileProp.getStream();

        FileOutputStream fos = new
FileOutputStream("/tmp/retrievedFile.txt");
        byte[] buf = new byte[256];
        int read = 0;
        while ((read = retrievedStream.read(buf)) > 0) {
            fos.write(buf, 0, read);
            fos.flush();
        }

    }

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Nick Stuart <nstuart@speranzasystems.com>
wrote:

> I know that works as I've used it extensively. I am on a 1.5 build, but it
> was working with the 1.4.x build I started with. Have you looked at the
> stream going in to make sure something is actually being saved? You
> obviously have the node and property there or otherwise you would be
> getting
> a RepositoryException.
>
> I would check to make sure you are saving everything you think you are.
> Also, try just using the stream and ignore the debugger (it might be lying
> to you, who knows). But it looks like everything is in order.
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Michael Harris <
> michael.e.harris@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Nick
> >
> > thanx for the reply.  when I do that and inspect the returned stream in
> the
> > eclipse debugger there is nothing in it.
> >
> > michael.
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Nick Stuart <
> nstuart@speranzasystems.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > All you can really do is retrieve the InputStream for said file. Which
> > > should be enough, and the nodes hold the rest of the info if you need
> it
> > > obviously (file name, type, etc).
> > >
> > > Something like:
> > >
> > > Node resNode = fileNode.getNode("jcr:content");
> > > resNode.getProperty("jcr:data").getStream();
> > >
> > > Where fileNode is the jcr:file node type. You wont be able to actually
> > get
> > > File object becuase thats part of JCR, that it extracts that stuff away
> > > from
> > > you, and you just deal with the contents and info.
> > >
> > > -Nick
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Michael Harris <
> > > michael.e.harris@gmail.com>

> > someone

> > julian.reschke@gmx.de

> > "nt:file");