jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harris" <michael.e.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webdav integration
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:06:18 GMT
Alex

thanx for all your help.

So there are two things here -- one is the webdav component of the app.  JR
isn't going to be involved in this; we are using it just for prototyping,
although we will use the JR-webdav client to access the sharepoint repo the
organization uses.

the second is the storage of our app content.  This content is xml.  the app
is basically a web based xml editor.  we were thinking of using JR to store
the xml file, as we have requiremens around versioning and locking.  So, if
a repository is bundled with the app (deployment method one), do servlets
even come into play?  We are using Struts as our web tier, and were going to
wrap services around the repository functionality (get a file, lock a file,
version a file, save a file, lock a file, etc).  In that approach, would the
service layer be able to access the repo?  I assume we would have to build
some functionality around managing the sessions that provide access ot the
repo.

or am i totally off here?

Every "deploy in app server" wiki entry assumes oracle.  they all have setup
jndi with oracle parts.  Do we need a db?  Doesn't the repo run on disk (or
i should say, can't jackrabbit just run on the filesystem?)

michael.