jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: versioning questions
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:04:32 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Michael Harris
<michael.e.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is really around the save of node data without checkin.  In
> this scenario, is v3 content overwritten by each save/update?

No. A save() just persists the changes in the current workspace and
doesn't modify the version history in any way.

> If so, can we rollback to v3 *before* the checkout and saves?

Yes.

JCR versioning is a bit like a centralized version control system with
the version storage acting as the central version server and each JCR
workspace as a client system with local copies of the version
controlled trees. Changes in the local copy (i.e. saves in the JCR
workspace) only affect the central version history after an explicit
checkin operation. Similarly, you only see updates from other clients
(workspaces) when explicitly updating.

BR,

Jukka Zitting