jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Strange Exception
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:57:44 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I think that '222222'  is not a valid XML name as defined in XML 1.0
(it can not starts with a number character).
Indeed, JCR uses ISO 9075 [1] to convert the node name to a valid XML name.

All of this in order to avoid for example the ambiguous parsing of the
following query:
/a/b[32 = 32]
where 32 could be a number of an XML element name.

To prevent this ISO 9075 must be used [2] to produce the right query:
/a/b[_x33_2 = 32]
where 33 is the hexadecimal value of the character '3'.

This exception can also occurs when using item name containing spaces.

[1] See 6.4.3 of JCR 1.0 specification
[2]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/util/ISO9075.html

--