jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: why an added node is checkedOut = true?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:15:15 GMT
hi paco

not sure, whether i understood, what you are trying to do.
if you want to make sure that only a single user can
create/modify a given node and create new versions
of it, you should in addition to the versioning functionality
make usage of locking.

a checked-in node is prevented from being modified. but
it is not locked... so everybody (with the proper privileges)
will be able to checkout and consequently modify the
node. similarly a checkout-node that is not locked by a
Lock on itself (or by a deep Lock inherited from a parent)
can be modified by any user that is allowed to modify that
node.

hope that helps.
angela