jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Submit file with forbidden chars in name to WebDAV
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:12:44 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
> There are some forbidden chars in node names (:, [, ], *, \, ", |) How deal
> WebDAV with these files? Actually server response is "500 Internal Server
> Error" but can I escape the document names (and folder) to clean these
> forbidden chars and get a good name? The real question is: where should I
> call this escaping method?

first of all: the problem is cause by JCR which has
some limiations regarding names. so far it's not related
to WebDAV.

if you are using the simple webdav server, i would
suggest that you create your own DavResourceLocator factory
that adds escaping/unescaping of the chars invalid in JCR
names upon conversion from

href -> repositoryPath and
repositoryPath -> href.

regards