jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: implementation question WebDav and JCRWebDav
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:52:55 GMT
hi warner

> I have a few questions regarding this:
> 1) I was looking at the JCRWebdavServerServlet implementation in the
> webapp project and can't figure out how a user is supposed to use this.
> It just seems to be a thin layer on top of the content repository
> (rather than mimicking a file system).

what you are looking for is probably represented
by the *SimpleWebdavServlet*, which provides a 'file-based'
view to the repository. the other servlet is used to remote
the JCR-API over webdav.

regarding the SimpleWebdavServlet:
there is a configuration file, whether you can define how the
jcr content structure is mapped to a file-view by changing/extending
the set of IOHandlers and PropertyHandlers. by default all
nodes of type 'nt:file' are exposes as non-collection resources.
everything else is a collection. in a first step that probably fits
your needs. if it doesn't you may take a look at those interfaces.

> 2) I also couldn't find the repository.xml file in the webapp anywhere
> to figure out how it was being configured - although it looks like this
> might be dynamic

as far as i know the repository.xml is not in the webapp.
there used to be an 'easy setup' configuration if the
jackrabbit-webapp is deployed the first time. this will create
the proper structure for you, including a repository.xml

hope that helps
angela