jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject What about performance when getting newest version of a node
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:37:52 GMT
Hi

IIUC in the most simple case one can do

node.getVersionHistory().getRootVersion()

in order to get the "newest" (most recent) version, right?

If so, what about performance/scalability? Let's say there are 50'000
versions of node and one would like to retrieve the newest version. I
guess depending on the implementation of getVersionHistory(), it can be
pretty slow, because it might do some internal sorting? And hence the
more versions there are , the more time it takes to find the newest version.

Do I misunderstand something or how do other people consider/handle this?

Was it once considered to enhance the API by introducing a method like
Node.getNewestVersion() or is that considered unnecessary and if so why?

Thanks

Michael