jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Matthijs Wensveen <m.wensv...@func.nl>
Subject Re: Node.getNodes and Node.hasNodes for a specific nodeType
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 05:31:14 GMT
Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> On 7/8/08, Matthijs Wensveen <m.wensveen@func.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  Is it possible to ask a Node whether it has child nodes of a specific
>> nodeType? Currently I'm able to do this with an XPath query, but it would be
>> a lot easier, and possibly faster, when I could ask this to the node
>> directly.
>>
> yes, you can pass a filter for the Node.getNodes() call where you can
> for example test the node.isNodeType().
>

>>  Also, is it possible to mark a child node definition that is also marked as
>> 'multiple' with 'primary'? If that is the case, maybe I could use
>> getPrimaryItem.
>>
>>  My node type is defined as:
>>  [eb:ContentTreeItem]
>>    - eb:friendlyName
>>    + eb:specialPage = eb:SpecialPage
>>        multiple
>>    + * = eb:ContentTreeItem
>>        multiple
>>
> no, a primary item can't be a SNS node def. Do you really need SNS for
> your content tree items? SNS usually cause more problems than distinct
> node names. especially in a tree, i would name the nodes according to
> the name of the tree node.

Ah, sorry, the the definition is incorrect, the '*' item does not have
multiple on it. But I think the same answer applies to wildcard
children? The problem is that I don't know the name in advance, so I
can't test for a specific child. The node.isNodeType suggestion is a
good one though. I'll implement that.

Thanks (also Alexander),
Matthijs

--