jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: MySqlPersistenceManager with a single schema
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 08:25:01 GMT
Hi Richard,

MySQL does not support schema as in Oracle or PostgreSQL,
a MySQL table only belongs to a database.
The schemaObjectPrefix is used in JackRabbit as a table prefix:

create table ${schemaObjectPrefix}BUNDLE (NODE_ID varbinary(16) ...) [1]

So, if you specify the same database for the workspace and the version
you must specify a different schemaObjectPrefix (e.g. WSP and VRS) in
order to avoid collision.

These tables will then be stored in the same database.

Richard Huddleston a écrit :
> I'm trying to use the MySqlPersistenceManager with a single schema.
> I see the configuration parameter "schemaObjectPrefix" and was hoping there
> were be something like "tableObjectPrefix".  I don't see anything listed in
> the javadocs.
> Is it possible to use the MySqlPersistenceManager with only one schema in
> MySQL?  Both versions and workspaces would be stored in this schema.
> -Richard

View raw message