jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Mac OS X WebDAV and mime type question
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:47:02 GMT
hi

> This is somewhat simplified, there are actually a number of other steps
> (lock, unlock, etc.) but it gives the general idea.

yes. there are some other areas where using webdav on the mac
is from my point of view highly inefficient basically because
it behaves like a local filesystem but having each individual
step 'translated' to webdav.

> Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If so, what is the best way to
> work around it?

i'm not having a mac. but the best way would be if there
was a way to configure the dav-client to always pass the
intended mimetype with the http headers.

another way was to write a IOHandler that deals with the
mac-specific stuff and does some guessing (not sure how many
cases need to be treated separately... but that's what i would
try first).

regards
angela