jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Al Waltrip" <awalt...@comcast.net>
Subject Looking for direction...
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 05:33:35 GMT
Good Day Gentlemen/women,
I'm getting back into Java after a 5 year layoff (literally, not figuratively) and would like
some input on the best/easiest/quickest way to implement what I would describe (possibly erroneously)
as an "active database".  I'd like to be able to do the following:
- Have my application query a table, say employee and select the employee id, name, address
and salary.
- Once my application updates the employee's salary, I'd like to be able to notify (broadcast)
a message to all the other instances of my application that the salary has been updated.
This might be a servlet based web app or multiple running instances of a java application.

My question is what's the best/easiest framework to adopt to meet this objective.  Do I need
Jackrabbit, EJB, Hivemind, Spring, none of the above?

Thanks so much.

Alex Waltrip