jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Stuart" <nstu...@speranzasystems.com>
Subject Re: Incremental node type update?!?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:48:44 GMT
Thats what I am hoping Toby. Any of our changes would be adding a property
or something like that, not changing the previous properties. The one thing
I'm afraid of is if we find a new requirement 6 months down the road and
want to add a new property to stuff we are storing in JackRabbit, none of
our old stuff will work. I just don't see anything throught the NodeManager
API to accomplish this.

In this particular case all I wanted to do was add a new property to an
existing node type. Right now the stuff we are storing are mostly types of
nt:folder and nt:file, so going with nt:unstructured really isn't an option.
I have setup our own custom node types that have a set of mixins on them
extending nt:file/folder, which works just great. I just want to know that
down the road those mixins can be updated to add a new property or
something.

Obviously I know some changes just can't happen (node type removal,
required/default values change etc) as I can see those would just not work
with existing data, but would love it if adding a property or something of
the like was available.

-Nick