jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Rasmuss <way...@popstarnetworks.com>
Subject Reports from RDMS and Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:55:28 GMT

I have a product that uses Crystal Reports to generate reports from a JDBC
database. I would like to begin transitioning some of my data from JDBC to
JCR/Jackrabbit, but I can't figure out a good way to create reports from
both the sources. In fact, I don't see a path to connect Crystal Reports to
a JCR repository at all. Even if the particular repository (Jackrabbit)
supports SQL queries. So I have a couple questions.

1.) Does anybody have experience using crystal reports or another reporting
package with a JCR repository, particularly jackrabbit?

2.) Has anyone ever queried a JCR repository via JDBC?

3.) Can I make a JCR repository save the data in a database, then connect to
the database directly and expect the contents of the database to be
intelligible to create a report?

4.) Does anybody have ideas or experience about/with this kind of problem?

Thanks for your help,
Wayne