jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Yoav Landman <yland...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot search for saved uncommitted changes
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:35:03 GMT

Hi,

I am using Jackrabbit 1.4.5 with SpringModules 0.9. Before using
transactions, I was able to save() and search for the changes immediately
after saving.
With transactions, however, I can see my changes after save() by using node
APIs, but it is only after I commit the transaction that I can get the
changed nodes to show up in search results.
This is the logic:

utx1.begin()
nodeA.addNode("b");
nodeA.save();
nodeA.get("b"); //works
queryManager search for b; //does not work (zero results)
utx1.commit();
utx2.begin();
queryManager search for b; //works (single result)
//Do some stuff
utx2.commit();

I was under the impression that save() makes the transaction's transient
changes visible to subsequent search operations within the same transaction.
At least, this is how it works without transactions, so I do not understand
why introducong transactions changes this behavior. This leads to having to
use an artificial logic by making changes in separate tx, just to be able to
search the results immediately thereafter (which also breaks atomicity).

Am I missing something? Is this a likely bug or the intended behavior?

Thanks,

Yoav