jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From hsp_ <piccina...@ibest.com.br>
Subject Compatibility Jackrabbit 1.3.3 to todays version.
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:13:14 GMT

Hi;
I am using in my project the version 1.3.3 of Jackrabbit.
In the repository.xml there is the configuration (abreviated):

//begin repository.xml
<Repository>
    <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.JNDIDatabaseFileSystem">
...	</FileSystem>
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
...    </Security>

    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"
/>
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
	<FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.JNDIDatabaseFileSystem">
...	</FileSystem>
	<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager">
	</PersistenceManager>

        <SearchIndex
...        </SearchIndex>

    </Workspace>

    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
	<FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.JNDIDatabaseFileSystem">
...	</FileSystem>
	<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager">
	</PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

    <SearchIndex

    </SearchIndex>
</Repository>
//end of repository.xml

My questions are:
-Would some configuration in repository.xml must change to upgrade
Jackrabbit to 1.4.5?
-Can I still using the JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager with
externalBlobs=true? Is it buggy comparing with the other filesystem storage
control released since version 1.4?
-Is the performance afected with the growth of the Lucene indexes and the
nodes at all, in which scale (is there some graphic illustrating
size/performance or some like that)?
Thanks.