jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <wonst...@vmsinfo.com>
Subject implementation question WebDav and JCRWebDav
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:20:03 GMT
Hi all,
I've been reading through several tutorials as well as poking through
the Jackrabbit code itself to see what is going to be the best way to
implement what we want to do.

Essentially we want to expose a repository in two ways:
1) As a WebDAV store for clients to be able to authenticate, mount and
push files up to it
2) Through a Web interface (most likely as an Ajax folder tree so they
can browse the files that they shared while in the Web application

I have a few questions regarding this:
1) I was looking at the JCRWebdavServerServlet implementation in the
webapp project and can't figure out how a user is supposed to use
this. It just seems to be a thin layer on top of the content
repository (rather than mimicking a file system).
2) I also couldn't find the repository.xml file in the webapp anywhere
to figure out how it was being configured - although it looks like
this might be dynamic

Given all of this what is the best way to proceed? Should I use the
SimpleWebdavServlet or the JCRWebdavServerServlet?

Thanks for the help!

View raw message