jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Matej Knopp" <matej.kn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit cluster and workspace creation
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:20:27 GMT
That is a very inconvenient limitation. We are using workspaces for
snapshots, publishing states and possibly for language versions. None
of these we know upfront. Workspaces give us the possibility to match
nodes with same UUID, something we wouldn't be able to do with
top-level structure. I think the usecase is quite reasonable, the only
limitation is workspace creation not being accepted on other nodes.

This seems quite arbitrary to me though. I don't think we're the only
ones depending on runtime workspace creation.

Now it is possible to get workspace creation across cluster, however
it requires me to subclass RepositoryImpl and ClusterNode which in
turn requires me to touch package protected classes and it seems quite
hacky. Is there any chance there would be at least a system property
introduced in 1.5 that would force creation of the appropriate
workspace when the workspace is first time encountered in
ClusterNode#process (or other appropriate places)?

Kind regards,
Matej Knopp