jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Matej Knopp" <matej.kn...@gmail.com>
Subject Event notifications after session.logout()
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:06:57 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone explain me why the event observation listeners are removed
in session.logout()? I don't remember the specs saying anything about
this. I have looked at JCR-798 but i still don't understand where the
problem is. EventListener doesn't get reference to session or actual
nodes so unless user provides one (which he should be aware of) I
don't see how there can be session internals conflicts.

The current solution of removing the listeners is very unfortunate as
the only way to have background listeners is to keep session opened
for every workspace. We have lot of workspaces and since each session
holds database connection opened this is a no go.

Am I missing something important here?

I really don't get why the listeners are removed on session.logout
when they are scoped by the workspace.

Kind regards,
Matej